Monday, February 13, 2012

2/13/12
Two more websites for my class are:
http://www.proquest.com/en-US/ - I can use this website in my class for research. If we are working on a particular novel, they can use this site to look up critiques, essays, etc. for further reading.

http://quizhub.com/quiz/quizhub.cfm - I can use this website as a warm-up in the beginning of class. I would use the SAT Vocabulary section and have my class do a quick 5 minute SAT quiz word activity to begin the class. This is especially helpful since I teach juniors and seniors.

ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
The following books will be used in a unit on The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer. These books will enrich the lesson because they will help my students understand the time period in which the tales were written, and also the language Chaucer uses. This unit is for my juniors, 11th grade, college preparatory level.
 


Schlitz, L. A., & Byrd, R. (2007). Good masters! Sweet Ladies!: voices from a medieval village. Cambridge, Mass.: Candlewick Press.
Swisher, C. (2003). Understanding the Canterbury tales. San Diego, Calif.: Lucent Books.
Williams, M., & Chaucer, G. (2007). Here bygynneth Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Cambridge, Mass.: Candlewick Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment