Blog 5 - March 5, 2012
Two content-area websites that I can use in my classroom for my students are:
http://www.edutopia.org/ - There are a lot of useful videos and blogs on this site that could be useful in my classroom. I know that this site is mainly for teachers and teacher development, however, we have an Advisory Period and there is some useful information that can be used for my upperclassmen. For example, there is a video about
"Connecting High School to College and Career." This would be a great class for juniors, as they begin to look at the college process, and seniors, as they are deciding on what college or university to attend, what to study, etc. I could further this class by giving them a writing assignment about what their interests are, what colleges/universities do they want to know more about, etc.
http://www.vocabulary.co.il/suffixes/high-school/suffixmeaning-match/ - I would have my students use this website as a fun way of reviewing/reinforcing vocabulary. They can play games that teach them vocabulary building strategies, make crossword puzzles to help them review vocabulary words, and play "brain training games" to help them with skills such as memory, visual recall, speed, etc. It also gives a wide list of additional vocabulary learning resources. These resources include PSAT and
SAT preparation, which would be especially useful for my juniors and seniors.
No comments:
Post a Comment